Prior leadership and industry experience (both within the organization and prior)
Over 25 years of experience leading product design and manufacturing companies through evolving markets, by creating a culture of safety, process standardization, and LEAN thinking.
Positions within Bonnell Aluminum
Plant Manager, Bonnell Clearfield (2 years)
Positions within Futura Industries
Director of Operations (2 years)
Quality, LEAN & Continuous Improvement Manager (2 years)
Positions Outside of Bonnell and Futura Industries
General Manager & Director of Operations (4 years)
- Rastar, A Division of Transcontinental – B2B & B2C Printing, packaging, and digital media. ($2.1 Billion Revenue).
Vice President of Product Design/Development & Marketing (13 years)
- Stampin’ Up! – Product design, manufacturing, and distribution of consumer products for the crafting industry. ($250 Million Revenue)
Director of Product Design (4 years)
- HealthRider – Product design, manufacturing, and distribution of consumer products for the health and fitness industry. ($600 Million Revenue)
I’ve always had a passion for problem solving. As a teenager and avid downhill skier growing up in the 70’s, I always hated when summer would come to the Rocky Mountains because it meant the end of another ski season. I remember one summer, longing to feel the rush of a winter downhill ski run so bad, that I jig sawed an extra-wide/extra-long skateboard out of plywood, mounted a set of ski bindings to the surface, clipped in my ski boots, grabbed my ski poles, and took to the winding asphalt road that traversed my mountain neighborhood…. “See a need, fill a need.”
Relative to my values? Clearly I have learned a lot about the importance of safety since my days of skiing on asphalt. Today in business, as well as in life, I always try and live by the mantra of “Safety First,” followed by “4R’s”… Reliable, Responsive, Reasonable, & Rational. These values help shape other core values such as integrity, trust, respect, and accountability. Of course, living by the “The Golden Rule” has also always served me well.
What about Bonnell Aluminum makes it a great place to work?
Without great people, you’ll never have a great company… It’s all about the people.
Personal interests (hobbies, talents, etc.)
Hanging with my family doing the following activities:
- Downhill Snow Skiing (I gave up skiing on asphalt a long time ago)
- Traveling the World
- And when no one is listening…pickin’ on my banjo.